This Mythos was Created on: 2009-04-08
Writing Workshops are interactive, question and answer forums where writers help one another learn the ins and outs of the craft. It is a friendly, open atmosphere geared towards learning and having fun doing it. There will often be ‘working examples’ and ‘you wouldn’t believe what I did once’ style confessionals. Hopefully these forums will prove to be a benefit to everyone, new and old writers alike.
To participate in the discussions, please add your character to this book.
We are currently discussing the following topics:
- Running a Scroll
- Running an Event
You are also welcome to add to any of the on-going discussions:
- Bardic Web's Unique Style of Round Table Writing
- Communication (Covering combat, consent issues)
- Couple Interaction (covering 'romantic' language, will overlap with consent issues)
- Realistic Expectations - When 'it' doesn't turn into a 'relationship'
- Writing Action/Fight Scenes
- What Makes a Good Character Bio?
- Finding Writing Partners
- Finding the Line with Humour (When is a joke not a joke)
- The Subtle Art of Writing NPCs
- Plotting Out Stories
- Running a Story (From the Idea to the End Product)
- Introducing New Characters
- Managing Difficult Characters (your own!)
- Coping with "mistakes"
- Mythos Creation and Development
- Dialogue (The art of writing conversations)
- Growth and Development of Existing Characters
- Character Descriptions and the Use of Description in Writing
- Writer Issues - Emotional Impact
- Writer Issues - Time Management
- Writer Issues - MIA: Methods of dealing with unexpected absences
- Writer Issues - Inspiration, or what to do if there is a lack of it
Come in and join us! Everyone welcome!
You must be a member of this Mythos in order to post in the discussion forums. You need to apply to become a member and membership is at the discretion of the leadership. Members of a Mythos must adhere to the guidelines set in order to keep within the theme of the Mythos.