Bardic Web's Instant Messaging System Uses Pop-Ups
Our on-site instant messaging system allows you to talk to staff and other members in real time. You can see that someone is on-line, and send them a message immediately. Having the reply pop up is the easiest way to ensure that you get it.
In order for this system to work, you will need to disable your pop-up blocker. Bardic Web will never use pop-ups for advertising: the instant messenger is the only thing on the site that uses pop-ups. We have no interest in annoying our customers.
Here is How to Turn Pop Ups Off:
- Sign in to AOL.com
- Go to our website
- Click on "Blocking Pop-ups" at the bottom-right corner of the screen and choose Set Pop-up Control Preferences.
- Uncheck the box labelled "Supress pop-ups from Web sites I visit using AOL (R) software? OR add www.bardicweb.com as a site NOT to suppress. Click Save.
- Minimize AOL's browser and use Internet Explorer to return to Bardic Web.
Look for the button labelled Pop-Up Blocker. Click on it to turn it on and off.
Click on the Blocking Popups button and it will change to Site Popups Allowed.
Click on Tools off the main menu. Scroll down and choose Options. Go to the Content section. You will see a checkbox listed ?Block pop-up windows?. Click on the adjacent button labelled ?Exceptions?. Type www.bardicweb.com into the ?website address? box, and click Allow.
If you have installed Service Pack 2, then you have a popup-blocker in Internet Explorer. To turn it off, click on Tools in the menu, then click on Internet Options. Click on the Privacy tab and uncheck Block Popups.
The McAfee Internet Security Suite has a popup blocker. It's under "Privacy Services" and needs to be off while you're at Bardic Web.
In the main window on the left-hand side, click on Norton Anti-Spam. Click Pop-Up Blocking, then click Turn Off.
- Click on the Yahoo Toolbar's popup blocker icon option arrow. This arrow is pointing down beside of the popup blocker icon.
- Click on the menu option "Always Allow Pop-Ups From..."
- Locate "bardicweb.com" from the "Sources of Recently Blocked Pop-Ups:" list box. Click on it.
- Click on the "Allow" button.
- Click on the "Ok" button when asked to confirm allowing of pop-ups from bardicweb.com.